Friday, May 8, 2009

Race


The other day as we were driving around town, my daughter asked me "Mommy, why do the ladies have pink hair?" She had seen the billboards for the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure. Cancer is not an easy subject for a three year old, and I'm not even sure what answer I gave her, something about the ladies were sick and they didn't have any hair because the medicine they take to help make them better makes them lose their hair.

So for her and all the other little girls out there I hope you will never have to face this disease. For the survivors and the fighters, for the courageous and the heroic, I dedicate this blog post to you. To all who fight this terrible thing called cancer, I thank you.



Since I will not able to participate in the race for the cure, I am giving pink record vinyl awareness pins (while supplies last) to thank those that do. Just stop by my booth at the Capital City Public market, on the Grove in front of Qwest Arena. Plus, for Saturday May 9th I will be donating 20% of all of my sales (at the market and on line) to the Susan G. Komen foundation.

1 comment:

alexkeller said...

thanks for writing about this.

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

Animoto.com